Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience.
We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
This position reports directly to the EIA manager and work closely withpeer in Electrical, Instrumentation and Automation discipline lead, and isresponsible for overseeing and performing electrical engineering and relatedactivities associated with Lotus projects, including : electrical andinstrumentation equipment calculations, sizing and specifications as perspecification standard (according to Cargill Best Practices) and requirementand ensure that those systems and processes operate effectively, efficientlyand safely.
Thisposition will gradually become more involved with work permitting duringconstruction, installation supervision, equipment inspection at warehouse, IOchecking, commissioning and start-up (as required) for Lotus project.
Project design package related with Electrical and Instrumentation according to Cargill Best Practices
1. Electrical design tasks may include electrical load calculations, short circuit and overcurrent protection calculations, transformer and wire sizing, etc.
prepare electrical single line drawings, schematics and detail drawings as required.
3. Should have experience with ETAP (or similar) power system analysis tool.
4. Assist with securing electrical service and rates for projects and bids with local or regional utility companies. Interface with permitting authorities and electrical subcontractors for electrical construction work.
5. Develop equipment schedules and material takeoffs; prepare requests for bids for subcontractors and material vendors.
6. Prepare construction and equipment specifications, including means and methods.
7. Compare bids and recommend the selection of contractors and material vendors.
8. Highlights all electrical technical risks to the EIA Manager
9. Identifies, recommends and implements project management best practices based on through knowledge of project management principles
10. Ensures project objectives and scope are aligned with business strategy and technology governance practices. May directly lead and / or monitor / support progress for low-medium complexity projects, ensuring appropriate resources allocation and portfolio prioritization
12. Ensures successful completion of all project phases and closure of all aspects of the project.Field Engineering / Site Supervision
1. Perform the function of field engineer including hands on field work and / or field engineering, supervision of contractors, review of daily work during construction.
Daily Tool box meeting and field verification of on-going activity of subcontractors. Communicate issues with senior electrical engineer.
2. Communicate and coordinate work quality or safety concerns to the Lotus Build Project Manager, Lotus EHS Manager, Lotus Project Manager, Lotus Engineering Lead as necessary to ensure proper and safe completion of the project.
3. Perform all vendor’s portable tools verification for new added or conduct re-verification every 3 months
4. Perform on-site and in-house electrical training for the new added contractor employee.People Development
1. Develop technical knowhow to other team member by giving proper training.
2. Keeps up to date with the latest manufacturing techniques and drawing standards
3. Ensure all EIA Lotus designs and installations are consistent with applicable codes, regulations, and standards
4. Assist in conducting electrical training programs for new added construction personnel